Welcome to the Halo Platform bi-weekly newsletter. In today’s newsletter, we will take a look back a June 30th’s AMA with Devin Seto and provide an update from the recent release of Featherlite, version 1.0.2.
June 30th was the end of quarter and we held a live AMA (ask me anything) session with Devin Seto on our Youtube channel. See the link below for the AMA video and a special sneak peek at one of the new games Block and Chain is currently developing!
Our next AMA will be later this month. Stay tuned in our various social media networks and community channels for more information on date and time.
Featherlite — v1.0.2 Release Notes
Early last week we released an update to the Featherlite wallet. Please be sure to update to the latest version of Featherlite here.
Summary of Key New Features:
- Loading masternodes is much faster now (10 seconds to 3 minutes depending on the speed of your connection and whether or not you are using Lite or Full node).
- Masternode dapp: On the top action bar, there is now a loading bar and progress indicator to show the % progress in synching to the masternode system.
- Masternode dapp: On the top action bar, we added a Withdraw All button to withdraw your masternode rewards with a single click.
- Masternode dapp: On the top action bar, we added a Toggle View button to switch your masternode view between the previous card format and a summary list format.
- Masternode Monitoring screen: Graphs which show the total amount of active masternodes within the network, the current minting pool and current service fee pool.
- Masternode Marketplace: Pending Orders have been re-enabled so you can buy and sell masternode shares once again.
Known Issues and Workarounds:
- It may take 15–20 seconds before the masternode sync begins — sometimes 2–3 mins. But it is working. The indicator (moving bar) and text will disappear if there is an error.
- Withdraw All Button: Only withdraws rewards for masternodes attached to current Halo Prime. Individual master nodes rewards can still be withdrawn the traditional way if they are not attached to your current Halo Prime wallet.
Detailed release notes can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IWVxdAwPxPLRLD_05acOT1_GKhARiEvv/view?usp=sharing
The wallet and masternode dapps are undergoing constant improvement, with most new features driven by community feedback. Here is a sneak peek at some of the updates coming in the next release:
- Wallet dapp will let you rename your halo accounts from inside the wallet dapp and the name will persist through to Account Control as well
2. Masternode dapp will show the tier inside the pending orders section. This will allow users to see what tier of masternode they are buying shares into without using the block explorer.
3. Price per share will also be fixed on both the marketplace and the detail view for masternodes (Active sell orders).
4. Masternode dapp will now show alias in the list view on Monitoring
The next version of Featherlite is well underway, with much of the application already converted to the new design. During this process we are cleaning up post-launch code to be more efficient and performant. Below is a sneak peek of 2 existing dapps inside the new interface.
Masternode: Below is the existing Masternode dapp within the new Featherlite structure. Navigation controls have been moved into a floating drawer and account controls to the top right of the application.
Wallet: Similar to the Masternode dapp, here is the Wallet dapp within the new Featherlite structure.
Customize your view: Here an example of the new interface in action. Animations have been cleaned up and the new structure provides an open canvas for creating new functionality.
HaloDEX has made great headway with our finalized UI mockups and the front end implementation well underway, whilst the smart contracts and exchange protocol are being worked with the assistance of another recent hire. HaloX also saw great headway this sprint with further hardening and testing of the back end and the front end trading dashboard.
At this stage it’s tough to say whether an exchange listing or one of the above will come first, but it’s certainly an exciting time and we cannot wait to see where the road will lead in the short term.
Block & Chain Games Update
While the Block & Chain team has been working on several games, we revealed one of them in a sneak peak during the AMA this past weekend. Draggin’ Dragons will be more than just a racing game. With breeding, trading, training, and collecting, players can build up their “stable” of dragons and earn Halo whenever their Dragon wins a race!
This is just the beginning of the Block & Chain games slate!
Setting up and using a masternode is simple with the Halo Platform. Featherlite walks you through the necessary steps to acquire, deploy, join, watch, and collect awards from your masternode.
For detailed instructions with images, go here:https://wiki.haloplatform.tech/Masternodes
Masternode Estimated Reward Payouts
If you’re curious about masternode reward payouts, refer to the below spreadsheet.
Check out our searchable block explorer to take a close look at any block or transaction on the chain. In the coming days you’ll be able to see transactions for each wallet address on chain: https://explorer.haloplatform.tech/.
View our progress on our roadmap.https://www.haloplatform.tech/roadmap.html
Connect with us in social media
Twitter — https://twitter.com/Halo_Platform
Discord — http://discord.haloplatform.tech/
Telegram — https://t.me/haloplatform
Steemit — https://steemit.com/@haloplatform
Medium — https://medium.com/@haloplatform
Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/HaloPlatform.tech/
Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/halo_platform/
Where to Get Help
If you run into any issues with any of our products (and you’ve tried refreshing and full node and that doesn’t fix it), there are numerous ways to reach out to us:
Discord: http://discord.haloplatform.tech/ (our moderators and support are online almost 24 hours a day. Special thanks to Moggy, Abe, Jay B., Pesh, and SeriousBasil237).
Website (we have a support platform built in):https://www.haloplatform.tech/
^Everyone @ Halo Platform